Men's crew team wins another MAAC championship
The Marist men's crew team won their 11th straight MAAC title over the weekend in West Windsor, N.J. The Red Foxes earned 156 total points for the meet, defeating Jacksonville by 13 to clinch the title.
"This is Jacksonville's first year in the MAAC and they rival us in terms of support and talent, where as the other teams in the conference struggle to bring in the same level of talent," Head Coach Chris Clarke said. "MAACs serve as a good indicator of how we're doing as a team as we still have some bigger races left on the schedule."
The Marist men brought home individual victories in the Novice Eight, the Lightweight Four and the Pair.
The Novice Eight won in a time of 6:21, while the Lightweight four covered the 2,000-meter course in a time of 6:51.7, besting second-place Iona by nearly eight seconds. In the Pair race, the Red Foxes defeated Loyola by four and a half seconds, finishing in a time of 7:29.9.
Marist placed second in four other races as well, the Varsity Eight, the Second Varsity Eight, the Varsity Four and the JV Four.
"I was not super pleased with individual efforts by some of our boats. There are plenty of improvements we need to make going forward," Clarke said. "At this point in the season, we can only afford to take steps forward. We have a limited amount of time to improve."
Up next for the Red Foxes will be the NYS Championships this upcoming Saturday and Sunday in Whitney Point, N.Y.
"We need to rebound ourselves. We have ECACs coming up next weekend and those are no pushover," Clarke said.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More maristcircle News Articles
Recent maristcircle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR MARISTCIRCLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST MARISTCIRCLE NEWS
- Tailgate sets positive vibe as Marist football defeats Sacred Heart
- Class of 2019 abounds with diversity
- Marist Poll goes to D.C.
- ASU’s second annual "Color Run" is a success
- Habitat for Humanity: a growing service presence on campus
- A letter from the student body president
- Puppies: Adorable & Effective Stress Relievers
RECENT MARISTCIRCLE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Yes, Olivia, There Is a Santa, and He's Calling You
- Got Tech Neck? Here's Some Advice.
- Three Simple Swaps for a Healthier Lunch
- Epilepsy Awareness Day 2016 Largest Turnout Ever
- Give the Gift of Connectivity, Without the Stress
- New Cancer Treatment Continues to Progress By Filing for...
- How Many Years Does it Take to Become a Doctor of...
- Many Working Mothers Can't Afford Their Health Insurance...
- A Date with Destiny: Video Games Teach Kids Life Lessons
- The Magic Number for Millennials: $51,000
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- MAX FROST RELEASES NEW VIDEO FOR INFECTIOUS TRACK "ADDERALL"
- PEPSICO AND 21ST CENTURY FOX ANNOUNCE "THE SEARCH FOR HIDDEN FIGURES"
- The Most Popular Entry-Level Jobs and Companies for College Graduates
- National Meningitis Association Urges Students to take Pledge2Prevent
- American Cancer Society and CVS Health Foundation Award Grants to Help 20 Colleges and Universities Go Tobacco-Free in Largest Initiative of Its Kind