Men's crew team wins another MAAC championship
The Marist men's crew team won their 11th straight MAAC title over the weekend in West Windsor, N.J. The Red Foxes earned 156 total points for the meet, defeating Jacksonville by 13 to clinch the title.
"This is Jacksonville's first year in the MAAC and they rival us in terms of support and talent, where as the other teams in the conference struggle to bring in the same level of talent," Head Coach Chris Clarke said. "MAACs serve as a good indicator of how we're doing as a team as we still have some bigger races left on the schedule."
The Marist men brought home individual victories in the Novice Eight, the Lightweight Four and the Pair.
The Novice Eight won in a time of 6:21, while the Lightweight four covered the 2,000-meter course in a time of 6:51.7, besting second-place Iona by nearly eight seconds. In the Pair race, the Red Foxes defeated Loyola by four and a half seconds, finishing in a time of 7:29.9.
Marist placed second in four other races as well, the Varsity Eight, the Second Varsity Eight, the Varsity Four and the JV Four.
"I was not super pleased with individual efforts by some of our boats. There are plenty of improvements we need to make going forward," Clarke said. "At this point in the season, we can only afford to take steps forward. We have a limited amount of time to improve."
Up next for the Red Foxes will be the NYS Championships this upcoming Saturday and Sunday in Whitney Point, N.Y.
"We need to rebound ourselves. We have ECACs coming up next weekend and those are no pushover," Clarke said.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More maristcircle News Articles
Recent maristcircle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR MARISTCIRCLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST MARISTCIRCLE NEWS
- Tailgate sets positive vibe as Marist football defeats Sacred Heart
- Class of 2019 abounds with diversity
- Marist Poll goes to D.C.
- ASU’s second annual "Color Run" is a success
- Habitat for Humanity: a growing service presence on campus
- A letter from the student body president
- Puppies: Adorable & Effective Stress Relievers
RECENT MARISTCIRCLE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Easy Ways to Make Your Media Space More Enjoyable
- Toques modernos a la celebración tradicional del...
- Which Home Upgrades Really Pay Off?
- Reverse Mortgages Can Be a Valuable Retirement Tool
- Family Friday Destination: Try This TV Trio
- A Life Half Full: Aging With Optimism
- Lights, Camera, Action -- Holiday Style
- Bates Family Grows as Daughters Become Moms
- Women Face Challenges When It Comes to Health Coverage
- Fitness Sauna Promotes Health and Profit for Small...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- GoFundMe Awards $100,000 in Scholarships to 10 Promising Students
- Kaplan Survey: Law School Slump May be Over, but Recovery is Fragile
- CONFERENCE USA COLLEGE WOMEN'S VOLLEYBALL AND MEN'S SOCCER COVERAGE ONLY ON beIN SPORTS
- Exclusive campus app bans professors and launches into 30 campuses!
- COLLEGE FOOTBALL CONTINUES THIS WEEKEND WITH FLORIDA ATLANTIC AT FIU - only on beIN SPORTS