Men's crew team wins another MAAC championship
The Marist men's crew team won their 11th straight MAAC title over the weekend in West Windsor, N.J. The Red Foxes earned 156 total points for the meet, defeating Jacksonville by 13 to clinch the title.
"This is Jacksonville's first year in the MAAC and they rival us in terms of support and talent, where as the other teams in the conference struggle to bring in the same level of talent," Head Coach Chris Clarke said. "MAACs serve as a good indicator of how we're doing as a team as we still have some bigger races left on the schedule."
The Marist men brought home individual victories in the Novice Eight, the Lightweight Four and the Pair.
The Novice Eight won in a time of 6:21, while the Lightweight four covered the 2,000-meter course in a time of 6:51.7, besting second-place Iona by nearly eight seconds. In the Pair race, the Red Foxes defeated Loyola by four and a half seconds, finishing in a time of 7:29.9.
Marist placed second in four other races as well, the Varsity Eight, the Second Varsity Eight, the Varsity Four and the JV Four.
"I was not super pleased with individual efforts by some of our boats. There are plenty of improvements we need to make going forward," Clarke said. "At this point in the season, we can only afford to take steps forward. We have a limited amount of time to improve."
Up next for the Red Foxes will be the NYS Championships this upcoming Saturday and Sunday in Whitney Point, N.Y.
"We need to rebound ourselves. We have ECACs coming up next weekend and those are no pushover," Clarke said.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More maristcircle News Articles
Recent maristcircle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR MARISTCIRCLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST MARISTCIRCLE NEWS
- An Interview with Coach Chris Tracz
- Red Fox softball drops 3 of 5 in North Carolina
- Report on the state of Marist athletic attendance
- Peter Plagens discusses the various reactions to contemporary art
- Upcoming SGA elections and pivotal changes with the Pietris administration
- The mysteries behind the priority point system
- Clare McHugh educates journalism students on getting an 'edge'
RECENT MARISTCIRCLE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Do More With Less
- New Treatment for Undiagnosed Sports Injuries -- From...
- Beat the Crowds: Visit Europe During the Shoulder Seasons
- Building a Better Bridge From Hospital to Home Health Care
- 8 Tips to Selecting Colors for Your Home's Exterior
- This Year, Make a Goal to Contribute More to Your 401(k)
- Giving the Elderly a Lift -- In Their Home
- 4-H Grown: Alumni Asked to Stand Up and Support STEM...
- Haven't Tried Sardines? Try These
- Weatherizing Your Home Can Mean Big Benefits
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- STUDENTS BATTLE FOR FREE COLLEGE TUITION IN BLIZZARD ENTERTAINMENT'S "HEROES OF THE DORM™" TOURNAMENT
- Entries Now Open for 7th Annual College Sports Media Awards
- Rescue your Spring Break with new app dubbed the "Uber of Roadside Assistance"
- First Lady Michelle Obama and the Peace Corps Join Together to Expand Girls' Education
- Potential health risks of hookah smoking are being overlooked by users