Men's crew team wins another MAAC championship
The Marist men's crew team won their 11th straight MAAC title over the weekend in West Windsor, N.J. The Red Foxes earned 156 total points for the meet, defeating Jacksonville by 13 to clinch the title.
"This is Jacksonville's first year in the MAAC and they rival us in terms of support and talent, where as the other teams in the conference struggle to bring in the same level of talent," Head Coach Chris Clarke said. "MAACs serve as a good indicator of how we're doing as a team as we still have some bigger races left on the schedule."
The Marist men brought home individual victories in the Novice Eight, the Lightweight Four and the Pair.
The Novice Eight won in a time of 6:21, while the Lightweight four covered the 2,000-meter course in a time of 6:51.7, besting second-place Iona by nearly eight seconds. In the Pair race, the Red Foxes defeated Loyola by four and a half seconds, finishing in a time of 7:29.9.
Marist placed second in four other races as well, the Varsity Eight, the Second Varsity Eight, the Varsity Four and the JV Four.
"I was not super pleased with individual efforts by some of our boats. There are plenty of improvements we need to make going forward," Clarke said. "At this point in the season, we can only afford to take steps forward. We have a limited amount of time to improve."
Up next for the Red Foxes will be the NYS Championships this upcoming Saturday and Sunday in Whitney Point, N.Y.
"We need to rebound ourselves. We have ECACs coming up next weekend and those are no pushover," Clarke said.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More maristcircle News Articles
Recent maristcircle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR MARISTCIRCLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST MARISTCIRCLE NEWS
- Tailgate sets positive vibe as Marist football defeats Sacred Heart
- Class of 2019 abounds with diversity
- Marist Poll goes to D.C.
- ASU’s second annual "Color Run" is a success
- Habitat for Humanity: a growing service presence on campus
- A letter from the student body president
- Puppies: Adorable & Effective Stress Relievers
RECENT MARISTCIRCLE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Oleg Frish's Dream Comes True With New Duets Album
- The INs and OUTs of a Hospital Stay
- The Movie Studio Reveals New Opportunities for Indie...
- Brighten Your Holidays With LED Lights
- Tell Congress to Protect Paper Investor Reports
- Climb Stairs Without Hurting Yourself
- Is Your Baby Ready for Chewing?
- Millennials Are Determined to Lessen Their Kids' College...
- Organizar Un Maratón De La Película Star...
- Know Your Drug Costs Before You Leave the Doctor's Office
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Knowledge Gaps in Vaccination Against Meningococcal Disease
- Five Easy Steps to Own Holiday Shopping on a Budget
- CSUN Secular Student Alliance holds their first meeting
- Application Deadline Near for $100,000 Excellence in Innovation Award
- Voto Latino to Host Event on Climate Change Challenges & Opportunities