Lady in Red: Breakin' Up is Hard To Do, So Don't
Dear Lady in Red,
My boyfriend and I have been together since high school. We have been making our long-distance relationship work, but now it seems harder than ever. We're both juniors and between our course loads and commitments and friendships at our separate schools, we have kind of started to drift apart. Seeing each other over the breaks and holidays just doesn't seem to be enough anymore. I don't want to break up though, and I don't think he does either. What should I do?
-Not Ready to Break-Up
Dear Not Ready,
First off, congratulations on staying together this long! Long-distance relationships are never easy. I think what the two of you are really craving is stability, which is incredibly hard to find in a relationship where both of you are so busy and so many miles apart! Something that could be really beneficial is a weekly "Skype session." Go over your respective schedules and pick a time that works for both of you. Make it part of your routine to go onto Skype at this time each week to catch up. Having that stability (and something to look forward to!) will definitely help to strengthen your bond.
Sweet surprises also add fun to the relationship and are crucial in making it work. Maybe send your boyfriend a care package around finals with his favorite candy or an iTunes card so he can download some music for his late night study sessions. The simple act of letting him known you care truly means so much.
Don't be afraid to talk to your boyfriend about the tension you're experiencing. Maybe a little heart-to-heart is all the two of you need to clear air. I have faith in you!
-Lady in Red
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
Recent maristcircle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR MARISTCIRCLE NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST MARISTCIRCLE NEWS
- Bonnie and Clyde stars to steal the stage and our hearts
- Students hope to Take Back the Tap
- Marist alumna uses her fashion and sports education to create FitzU clothing...
- 4 Foxy things you need to know this week on campus
- Clean up your act: Climate change is preventable
- Marist alum, Bill O’Reilly, ‘71, debuts new book
- Why Obamacare is not good for America
RECENT MARISTCIRCLE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Empowering People to Regain Their Mobility
- On-Site Workplace Health Clinics Emphasize Chiropractic Care
- 5 Important Tips for Choosing a Medicare Health Plan
- Welcome Your Holiday Guests With Inviting Lighting
- A New Prescription for Finding the Right Doctor
- Be on the Lookout for These Invasive Species
- It's Official: Women Are the Decision-Makers Even When It...
- Where the Jobs Are: Why Relocating May Be the Best Option
- Value of Education Brings Success Among Unique Student...
- Is Faith Really a Good Thing?
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Renowned Engineer Ric Bradshaw Conducts Fujifilm-Sponsored Campus Tour on Tape Technology
- 5 DAYS ONLY! Semi Annual Consignment Sale!
- Leading Digital Strategists Transform Digital Marketing In Business and Academia
- USA NETWORK AND VERIZON CHARACTERS UNITE COLLEGE TOUR TO VISIT SEVEN CAMPUSES ACROSS THE COUNTRY, ENGAGING STUDENTS TO COMBAT DISCRIMINATION AND DATING ABUSE
- OH HONEY ARE “SINCERELY YOURS” WITH NEW EP // HONDA CIVIC TOUR