Lady in Red: Breakin' Up is Hard To Do, So Don't
Dear Lady in Red,
My boyfriend and I have been together since high school. We have been making our long-distance relationship work, but now it seems harder than ever. We're both juniors and between our course loads and commitments and friendships at our separate schools, we have kind of started to drift apart. Seeing each other over the breaks and holidays just doesn't seem to be enough anymore. I don't want to break up though, and I don't think he does either. What should I do?
-Not Ready to Break-Up
Dear Not Ready,
First off, congratulations on staying together this long! Long-distance relationships are never easy. I think what the two of you are really craving is stability, which is incredibly hard to find in a relationship where both of you are so busy and so many miles apart! Something that could be really beneficial is a weekly "Skype session." Go over your respective schedules and pick a time that works for both of you. Make it part of your routine to go onto Skype at this time each week to catch up. Having that stability (and something to look forward to!) will definitely help to strengthen your bond.
Sweet surprises also add fun to the relationship and are crucial in making it work. Maybe send your boyfriend a care package around finals with his favorite candy or an iTunes card so he can download some music for his late night study sessions. The simple act of letting him known you care truly means so much.
Don't be afraid to talk to your boyfriend about the tension you're experiencing. Maybe a little heart-to-heart is all the two of you need to clear air. I have faith in you!
-Lady in Red
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
Recent maristcircle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR MARISTCIRCLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST MARISTCIRCLE NEWS
RECENT MARISTCIRCLE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Not Seeing a Chiropractor Could Cost You
- Steampunk Steamrolls Into Living Rooms Nationwide
- Modern-Day Party Do's and Don'ts
- Taking Care of Your Child's Eyes in Today's Digitally...
- Will the Movie Studio be the Next Heavy Hitter?
- Survey Shows Americans' Views on Dental Hygiene Differ by...
- Fire Away: How to Prepare For Hunting Season
- Novel Program Brings Hope to African Nation
- What Health Care Really Costs
- Millennials Cited for Rise in ETF Popularity
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- 18-25 Years Old? EARN $80 IN 90 MINUTES for Participating in Research Study
- truth® CELEBRATES SYRACUSE UNIVERSITY MOVE TO TOBACCO-FREE
- vitaminwater® Announces Project Hustle Finalists
- Supermodel Jaslene Gonzalez to Speak at Sigma Lambda Gamma National Sorority 25th Anniversary Sisterhood Retreat
- LEMELSON-MIT ANNOUNCES NATIONAL COLLEGIATE STUDENT PRIZE COMPETITION WINNERS