Lady in Red: Breakin' Up is Hard To Do, So Don't
Dear Lady in Red,
My boyfriend and I have been together since high school. We have been making our long-distance relationship work, but now it seems harder than ever. We're both juniors and between our course loads and commitments and friendships at our separate schools, we have kind of started to drift apart. Seeing each other over the breaks and holidays just doesn't seem to be enough anymore. I don't want to break up though, and I don't think he does either. What should I do?
-Not Ready to Break-Up
Dear Not Ready,
First off, congratulations on staying together this long! Long-distance relationships are never easy. I think what the two of you are really craving is stability, which is incredibly hard to find in a relationship where both of you are so busy and so many miles apart! Something that could be really beneficial is a weekly "Skype session." Go over your respective schedules and pick a time that works for both of you. Make it part of your routine to go onto Skype at this time each week to catch up. Having that stability (and something to look forward to!) will definitely help to strengthen your bond.
Sweet surprises also add fun to the relationship and are crucial in making it work. Maybe send your boyfriend a care package around finals with his favorite candy or an iTunes card so he can download some music for his late night study sessions. The simple act of letting him known you care truly means so much.
Don't be afraid to talk to your boyfriend about the tension you're experiencing. Maybe a little heart-to-heart is all the two of you need to clear air. I have faith in you!
-Lady in Red
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
Recent maristcircle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR MARISTCIRCLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST MARISTCIRCLE NEWS
- Tailgate sets positive vibe as Marist football defeats Sacred Heart
- Class of 2019 abounds with diversity
- Marist Poll goes to D.C.
- ASU’s second annual "Color Run" is a success
- Habitat for Humanity: a growing service presence on campus
- A letter from the student body president
- Puppies: Adorable & Effective Stress Relievers
RECENT MARISTCIRCLE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Toques modernos a la celebración tradicional del...
- Which Home Upgrades Really Pay Off?
- Reverse Mortgages Can Be a Valuable Retirement Tool
- Family Friday Destination: Try This TV Trio
- A Life Half Full: Aging With Optimism
- Lights, Camera, Action -- Holiday Style
- Bates Family Grows as Daughters Become Moms
- Women Face Challenges When It Comes to Health Coverage
- Fitness Sauna Promotes Health and Profit for Small...
- Backpack Offers Instant Drink Discreetly At the Push of a...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- GoFundMe Awards $100,000 in Scholarships to 10 Promising Students
- Kaplan Survey: Law School Slump May be Over, but Recovery is Fragile
- CONFERENCE USA COLLEGE WOMEN'S VOLLEYBALL AND MEN'S SOCCER COVERAGE ONLY ON beIN SPORTS
- Exclusive campus app bans professors and launches into 30 campuses!
- COLLEGE FOOTBALL CONTINUES THIS WEEKEND WITH FLORIDA ATLANTIC AT FIU - only on beIN SPORTS