Opening Day at Fashionology
Fashionology is defined as the science of knowing what to wear. This fashion-forward boutique is located at a kiosk in Donnelly Hall in the Fashion Plaza. Fashionology is a boutique run by students for the students.
The grand opening is on October 25th for the fall semester. It is open on Tuesdays from 2:30 to 6:30 and on Thursdays from 10:30 to 5:30.
Lydia Biskup is the professor who helps manages and runs the boutique with the students. She teaches the Fashionology Retail Entrepreneurship course that allows students to make a business plan and maintain a retail fashion boutique. The boutique has been open for a few years now and every semester re-opens and is run fully by the students.
Arielle Klein, a senior who is a Business Marketing major, and Stephanie Lubov, a sophomore who is a Fashion Merchandising Major, are very much involved in the marketing side of Fashionology. Some other students take care of the visual side of the business while others handle the human resources side management.
"It is more of like an employment than a class," stated Klein.
The products that will be featured at the boutique range from jewelry, scarves, and perfume. Some new nail polishes will be sold as well. The newest addition to the product list at Fashionology is the introduction of men's wear. Now, there will be a line of men's neckties, scarves and colognes. Also some fashion students feature their own creations and designs at the boutique.
"We do it for the students and the faculty," Lubov explained.
A group of students take the train into the city and head into the fashion district o buy these products. The students go around to different boutiques and have a free range of what products that they want to sell at Fashionology. The products that are selected are the ones that the students think will sell because of what is currently in fashion. Each person has a different category of products to search for and purchase. Because Fashionology is a boutique for the students, the prices are reasonably priced. On the other hand, perfumes are set at a higher price because they are brand name.
Because there are not that many boutiques around the Poughkeepsie area, it gives students and faculty the chance to purchase items besides the ones they see at the Poughkeepsie Galleria.
The Fashionology staff is looking for students who would like to volunteer to work retail sales. There are sign ups in the Donnelly Hall Fashion department. Spots are going fast!
"It's great opportunity for everyone, especially for the students who want to have a future in retail," Klein stated.
Fashionology updates their Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram with pictures and posts about their buying trips and products. There will be an opening day coupon available that will be posted on their Facebook page. Check out Fashionology on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/MCFashionology, Twitter: @mc_fashionology, and Instagram: mcfashionology for more updates! Be sure to head over to Donnelly Hall Fashion Plaza for the grand opening on October 25th!
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More maristcircle News Articles
Recent maristcircle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR MARISTCIRCLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST MARISTCIRCLE NEWS
- Tailgate sets positive vibe as Marist football defeats Sacred Heart
- Class of 2019 abounds with diversity
- Marist Poll goes to D.C.
- ASU’s second annual "Color Run" is a success
- Habitat for Humanity: a growing service presence on campus
- A letter from the student body president
- Puppies: Adorable & Effective Stress Relievers
RECENT MARISTCIRCLE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Amateur Athletes Seek Non-Opioid Pain Relief
- News Site Rantt Takes The Time to Get It Right
- The Opioid Crisis' Latest Victims: Addicted Babies
- The Importance of Protecting Patents
- Zulily Helps Moms Navigate the "Fourth Trimester" in Style
- Veteran Raises Capital Via Alternative Financing
- Stop Pests This Spring With These Safe, Simple Steps
- Have a Blast This Spring Break With These Must-Have...
- Seniors Find That Doing Good Is Good For You
- University Students Take Top Honors at CME Group's Annual...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Deadline Approaching for Phi Kappa Phi Award Programs
- Applications Available for Phi Kappa Phi Student Leadership Summit
- GREEN AMERICA: ONE MILLION TREES COULD BE SAVED EACH YEAR IF UNIVERSITIES SWITCHED TO ONLY RECYCLED PAPER FOR ALUMNI MAGAZINES
- Deadline Approaching for the Phi Kappa Phi Fellowship Program
- Entries Are Open for 9th Annual SVG/NACDA College Sports Media Awards