Cool concepts for colder temperatures this fall season
In the past week, the weather has been reasonably mild, with temperatures reaching up into the 80s on some days. You may have been rocking your favorite pair of high-waisted shorts and gold-colored sandals; however, the weather is changing and so are the fashion trends.
As we delve deeper into the month of September we will see a noticeable difference heat-wise, which means a change in wardrobe. We can expect to be reaching for our most flattering pair of pants and perhaps even a warm sweater or two. The styles this season will be nothing less than creative, but at the same time extremely practical.
Looking for the new trends? Harper's Bazaar will be one of your trusty friends this fall. Some of their latest fashion trends include: "The Iron Lady," "The White Stuff," "The Girls' Guide to Hunting and Fishing," "The Global Aristocrat," "Thoroughly Modern Military" and the ever-popular "Matrix."
At this point you may be feeling incredibly clueless and confused when it comes to what to wear this fall, but don't lose hope! All of the crazy names and terms that New York City fashionistas have coined for this year are surprisingly simple to understand.
For "The Iron Lady" look you will need to outfit yourself with some of your grandmother's clothes - maybe not literally but definitely in spirit. Have you ever heard someone say that fashion trends repeat themselves? Well, it's true. Pull out your eccentric silhouettes, over-the-top accessories and don't be afraid of a little roughness and layering. You'll want to adorn yourself with a crocheted scarf and either a large handbag or clutch to pull the look together. As far as textures goes, "The Iron Lady" wears a tweed jacket and a fuzzy sweater to go with it.
Next up is "The White Stuff;" the title of which may confuse you a bit. The fashion experts at Harper's Bazaar recommend wearing white. This white is not a true white like for the summer months, but rather an ivory winter white. Think winter wonderland and snow princesses! The white pieces can range from a cable-knit sweater to a wool skirt. The choice is yours!
"The Girls' Guide to Hunting and Fishing" will require you to raid your grandfather's closet this time around. If you have ever opened up a Woolrich catalog then you will be able to master this fall fashion trend without any problems. To rock this look channel Lucy and Ethel's camping trip episode, but as a word of advice leave the guns and duck back at home.
"The Global Aristocrat" trend is all about worldly sophistication and pulling together regal and ornate patterns. You will want to familiarize yourself with large extravagant necklines and lapels laced with fur.
"Thoroughly Modern Military" may seem like a trend that you've seen before, but it has a new twist this season. Instead of bold camouflage prints and bulky combat boots you will be seeing a more subdued look. The jackets that you will want to be wearing should be more versatile and wearable than past military style jackets have been. Think jackets with cargo-like pockets and an occasional belt or two. The clothing will be more military inspired than anything else. The color palette will resemble that of traditional camouflage but there is a lot of flexibility with this particular style.
The final trend from the Harper's Bazaar fashion team for this fall is "The Matrix." Have you ever heard someone say that the color black makes you look skinny? Well this idea still holds true for this fall. Designers are outfitting their models in sleek black leather and clean lines. This modern minimalistic classic is sure to turn heads as it has done for years.
Not everyone shares the same opinions when it comes to fashion. Harper's Bazaar chose to create very specific trends for this upcoming season, whereas magazines like Marie Claire opted for more general ideas.
Marie Claire suggests that you choose colors like burgundy and mix blue and black for the best fashion statements this fall. They also favor prints such as reptile. Returning this fall are jump suits, so grab your jump suit and pair it with ankle boots to achieve one of the hottest looks.
Whether you are rocking oversized accessories or an ivory-colored cable knit sweater you are sure to be on point this fall. Don't be afraid to wear a bold and ornate pattern or a furry lapel. Whatever you choose to wear this fall, do do it with confidence. Best of luck creating your own fall fashion styles this season!
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
Recent maristcircle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR MARISTCIRCLE NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST MARISTCIRCLE NEWS
RECENT MARISTCIRCLE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- 3 Fishermen Rescued at Sea Thanks to GPS Device
- Mes de la Hispanidad inspira liderazgo, empoderamiento,...
- Majority of Moms and Moms-to-Be Believe in Public...
- Wineries Speak Up About the Benefits of Using Natural Cork
- Taking a Holistic Approach to Fit Living
- Wondering if it's Time to Buy a New Car? Just Check Your...
- Smartphone to Become Wallet -- Are Customers, Businesses...
- Grandparents, Keep Your Meds Up and Away From Young Children
- As Insurers End Coverage for Compounded Drugs, Patients...
- 4 Tips to Start Your Day a Little Earlier
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Over 2,000 Groups Prepare to “Hit the Streets” with Volunteers and Celebrities for National Voter Registration Day on September 23, 2014
- Peace Corps Director Calls on College Students to Make a Difference After Graduation Through International Service
- USA NETWORK AND VERIZON LAUNCH THE “CHARACTERS UNITE COLLEGE TOUR” COMPETITION FOR STUDENTS TO BRING A USA NETWORK CELEBRITY AND A WORTHY CAUSE TO THEIR CAMPUS
- WHEN GEORGIA SMILED: THE ROBIN MCGRAW REVELATION FOUNDATION TEAMS WITH PIVOT AND STUDENTS OF THE WORLD TO LAUNCH THE #iASPIRE GRANT CONTEST
- Latino Groups Launch National Campaign to Deliver Record Latino Turnout for 2014 Midterm Elections