Cool concepts for colder temperatures this fall season
In the past week, the weather has been reasonably mild, with temperatures reaching up into the 80s on some days. You may have been rocking your favorite pair of high-waisted shorts and gold-colored sandals; however, the weather is changing and so are the fashion trends.
As we delve deeper into the month of September we will see a noticeable difference heat-wise, which means a change in wardrobe. We can expect to be reaching for our most flattering pair of pants and perhaps even a warm sweater or two. The styles this season will be nothing less than creative, but at the same time extremely practical.
Looking for the new trends? Harper's Bazaar will be one of your trusty friends this fall. Some of their latest fashion trends include: "The Iron Lady," "The White Stuff," "The Girls' Guide to Hunting and Fishing," "The Global Aristocrat," "Thoroughly Modern Military" and the ever-popular "Matrix."
At this point you may be feeling incredibly clueless and confused when it comes to what to wear this fall, but don't lose hope! All of the crazy names and terms that New York City fashionistas have coined for this year are surprisingly simple to understand.
For "The Iron Lady" look you will need to outfit yourself with some of your grandmother's clothes - maybe not literally but definitely in spirit. Have you ever heard someone say that fashion trends repeat themselves? Well, it's true. Pull out your eccentric silhouettes, over-the-top accessories and don't be afraid of a little roughness and layering. You'll want to adorn yourself with a crocheted scarf and either a large handbag or clutch to pull the look together. As far as textures goes, "The Iron Lady" wears a tweed jacket and a fuzzy sweater to go with it.
Next up is "The White Stuff;" the title of which may confuse you a bit. The fashion experts at Harper's Bazaar recommend wearing white. This white is not a true white like for the summer months, but rather an ivory winter white. Think winter wonderland and snow princesses! The white pieces can range from a cable-knit sweater to a wool skirt. The choice is yours!
"The Girls' Guide to Hunting and Fishing" will require you to raid your grandfather's closet this time around. If you have ever opened up a Woolrich catalog then you will be able to master this fall fashion trend without any problems. To rock this look channel Lucy and Ethel's camping trip episode, but as a word of advice leave the guns and duck back at home.
"The Global Aristocrat" trend is all about worldly sophistication and pulling together regal and ornate patterns. You will want to familiarize yourself with large extravagant necklines and lapels laced with fur.
"Thoroughly Modern Military" may seem like a trend that you've seen before, but it has a new twist this season. Instead of bold camouflage prints and bulky combat boots you will be seeing a more subdued look. The jackets that you will want to be wearing should be more versatile and wearable than past military style jackets have been. Think jackets with cargo-like pockets and an occasional belt or two. The clothing will be more military inspired than anything else. The color palette will resemble that of traditional camouflage but there is a lot of flexibility with this particular style.
The final trend from the Harper's Bazaar fashion team for this fall is "The Matrix." Have you ever heard someone say that the color black makes you look skinny? Well this idea still holds true for this fall. Designers are outfitting their models in sleek black leather and clean lines. This modern minimalistic classic is sure to turn heads as it has done for years.
Not everyone shares the same opinions when it comes to fashion. Harper's Bazaar chose to create very specific trends for this upcoming season, whereas magazines like Marie Claire opted for more general ideas.
Marie Claire suggests that you choose colors like burgundy and mix blue and black for the best fashion statements this fall. They also favor prints such as reptile. Returning this fall are jump suits, so grab your jump suit and pair it with ankle boots to achieve one of the hottest looks.
Whether you are rocking oversized accessories or an ivory-colored cable knit sweater you are sure to be on point this fall. Don't be afraid to wear a bold and ornate pattern or a furry lapel. Whatever you choose to wear this fall, do do it with confidence. Best of luck creating your own fall fashion styles this season!
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
Recent maristcircle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR MARISTCIRCLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST MARISTCIRCLE NEWS
- Peter Plagens discusses the various reactions to contemporary art
- Upcoming SGA elections and pivotal changes with the Pietris administration
- The mysteries behind the priority point system
- Clare McHugh educates journalism students on getting an 'edge'
- Highlights and Recap of the Oscars
- The Last Five Years Soundtrack: Then and Now
- Four Takeaways from the 2015 Oscars Ceremony
RECENT MARISTCIRCLE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Giving the Elderly a Lift -- In Their Home
- 4-H Grown: Alumni Asked to Stand Up and Support STEM...
- Haven't Tried Sardines? Try These
- Weatherizing Your Home Can Mean Big Benefits
- 10 Tips to Stay Safe During Spring Break
- 10 Tips for Staying Safe During Spring Break
- 3 Things to Know Before Ride-Booking a Car
- For Advanced Heart Failure Patients, There Is Hope
- Bringing Chiropractic to the Little League
- Singapore Pastor Kong Hee Maintains Innocence, Gains...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Study Finds College-age Millennials Hopeful for the Future, Worry about Student Loans and Overspending
- RetailMeNot Helps Students Save Money on Spring Break Travel
- Visit Virtual Study Abroad Fair on February 25 to explore study abroad options and win prizes
- Students kill three birds with one stone
- Sodexo Expands Ongoing Commitment to More Humane Supply Chain through its Comprehensive Animal Welfare Policy