"The Office": Season Nine Premiere
The poster for the ninth and final season of The Office. www.tvrage.com
Last Thursday night's episode of "The Office" marks the beginning of the end of the popular half-hour sitcom on NBC. After this ninth and final season, the fans of the critically acclaimed show will need to say goodbye to the beloved employees of Dunder Mifflin.
The premier episode, "New Guys," as the title suggests, surprisingly introduces two new characters to the roster. The office employees immediately nickname the new pair "New Dwight" and "New Jim" because of their physical likeness to the eponymous characters. At first, Dwight loves the idea of having the new guy look up to him, as it mentally compensates for the newly revealed fact that he is not the father of Angela's baby. However, when Dwight learns of the new guy's interest in sales, Dwight immediately assumes that he is out to overthrow him.
Elsewhere, it is revealed that Angela is attempting to give away one of her adored cats. Originally the office remains uninterested, but Oscar ends up adopting the cat because he feels guilty for having a secret affair with Angela's husband.
The most surprising part of this episode came when the viewers heard the voices of the people behind the camera for the first time in "Office" history, as revealed in an interview with Jim and Pam.
Through this said interview, we also learn that Jim's college friends have started a sports marketing company and want Jim to be a part of it. Jim turns down the offer because the job is in Philadelphia and their family resides in Scranton. However, as a cliffhanger at the end of the episode, Jim calls his friend and takes the job offer without discussing it with Pam first.
Overall, "New Guys" didn't hold too many shocks, but it was defiantly a step in the right direction for the final season.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
Recent maristcircle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR MARISTCIRCLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST MARISTCIRCLE NEWS
- Tailgate sets positive vibe as Marist football defeats Sacred Heart
- Class of 2019 abounds with diversity
- Marist Poll goes to D.C.
- ASU’s second annual "Color Run" is a success
- Habitat for Humanity: a growing service presence on campus
- A letter from the student body president
- Puppies: Adorable & Effective Stress Relievers
RECENT MARISTCIRCLE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Top Tips for Timely Performance Driving
- Wellness Program Rewards Healthy New Year's Goals
- New Medical Supplement Offers Advance in Bladder Control
- Get An Edge on College Prep Tests
- Noodles to the Rescue: Make Dinner In a Snap
- Student Athletes Emulate the Pros in Abusing Prescription...
- Specialized Firefighter Training Helps Save Farmers' Lives
- One New Year's Resolution You Don't Have to Keep to Be a...
- Reverse Mortgage Can Help With Retirement Planning
- How to Protect Your Data in a Connected World
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- College Students Head Back to Campus with Amazon Prime Student
- Phi Kappa Phi 2017 Award Programs Now Open
- MAX FROST RELEASES NEW VIDEO FOR INFECTIOUS TRACK "ADDERALL"
- PEPSICO AND 21ST CENTURY FOX ANNOUNCE "THE SEARCH FOR HIDDEN FIGURES"
- The Most Popular Entry-Level Jobs and Companies for College Graduates