"The Office": Season Nine Premiere
The poster for the ninth and final season of The Office. www.tvrage.com
Last Thursday night's episode of "The Office" marks the beginning of the end of the popular half-hour sitcom on NBC. After this ninth and final season, the fans of the critically acclaimed show will need to say goodbye to the beloved employees of Dunder Mifflin.
The premier episode, "New Guys," as the title suggests, surprisingly introduces two new characters to the roster. The office employees immediately nickname the new pair "New Dwight" and "New Jim" because of their physical likeness to the eponymous characters. At first, Dwight loves the idea of having the new guy look up to him, as it mentally compensates for the newly revealed fact that he is not the father of Angela's baby. However, when Dwight learns of the new guy's interest in sales, Dwight immediately assumes that he is out to overthrow him.
Elsewhere, it is revealed that Angela is attempting to give away one of her adored cats. Originally the office remains uninterested, but Oscar ends up adopting the cat because he feels guilty for having a secret affair with Angela's husband.
The most surprising part of this episode came when the viewers heard the voices of the people behind the camera for the first time in "Office" history, as revealed in an interview with Jim and Pam.
Through this said interview, we also learn that Jim's college friends have started a sports marketing company and want Jim to be a part of it. Jim turns down the offer because the job is in Philadelphia and their family resides in Scranton. However, as a cliffhanger at the end of the episode, Jim calls his friend and takes the job offer without discussing it with Pam first.
Overall, "New Guys" didn't hold too many shocks, but it was defiantly a step in the right direction for the final season.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
Recent maristcircle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR MARISTCIRCLE NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST MARISTCIRCLE NEWS
- Bonnie and Clyde stars to steal the stage and our hearts
- Students hope to Take Back the Tap
- Marist alumna uses her fashion and sports education to create FitzU clothing...
- 4 Foxy things you need to know this week on campus
- Clean up your act: Climate change is preventable
- Why Obamacare is not good for America
- Marist alum, Bill O’Reilly, ‘71, debuts new book
RECENT MARISTCIRCLE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- A New Prescription for Finding the Right Doctor
- Be on the Lookout for These Invasive Species
- It's Official: Women Are the Decision-Makers Even When It...
- Where the Jobs Are: Why Relocating May Be the Best Option
- Value of Education Brings Success Among Unique Student...
- Is Faith Really a Good Thing?
- Are Workers Taking Enough Time to Understand Their...
- Save Now With Proven High-Efficiency Gas Wall-Hung Boiler
- Some Jobs Really Are a Pain in the Back
- Are Your Investments Doomed by Overfunded Public Markets?
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- 5 DAYS ONLY! Semi Annual Consignment Sale!
- Leading Digital Strategists Transform Digital Marketing In Business and Academia
- USA NETWORK AND VERIZON CHARACTERS UNITE COLLEGE TOUR TO VISIT SEVEN CAMPUSES ACROSS THE COUNTRY, ENGAGING STUDENTS TO COMBAT DISCRIMINATION AND DATING ABUSE
- OH HONEY ARE “SINCERELY YOURS” WITH NEW EP // HONDA CIVIC TOUR
- Mercedes-Benz Financial Services wants you to help “Drive Our Future”