Marist-hosted national band convention attracts top concert bands
Many are exploring their fantasies by reading the popular novel, 50 Shades of Grey. Don't be afraid to do the same, many are probably exploring the same fantasies as you. rachelkramerbussel.com/Flickr
Marist College has the honor of hosting this year's Association of Concert Bands National Convention. This year's event will be held at the historic Bardavon Opera House in Poughkeepsie from April 25-29.
The event will feature hundreds of musicians in 11 bands performing around the theme of "Harmony on the Hudson," in order to celebrate the musical history of the Hudson Valley.
Aside from featuring performances from the Marist College Symphonic Band under the direction of Arthur Himmelberger and the Marist College Singers, the convention will feature some of the area's top concert bands. The West Point Band and West Point Concert Band will be performing at the Gala Opening Concert on Wednesday, April 25 at 7:30 p.m.
Other notable performers include: Keith Brion, who will perform as John Philip Sousa in leading the Memorial Concert Band of Colonie; Poughkeepsie native trumpeter Leonard B. Smith; the Allentown Band, the world's oldest civilian band and the world's youngest soloist on the coronet, 11-year-old Geoffrey Gallante on the coronet.
The Marist Music Department's performances will be held on Saturday, April 28 at 7:30 p.m. All of the concerts are free and open to the public. Tickets will be available at the door before each performance and can also be reserved by calling the Bardavon box office at (845) 473-2072. More information, including the full concert schedule, can be found at http://acb2012convention.com.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
Recent maristcircle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR MARISTCIRCLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST MARISTCIRCLE NEWS
- Tailgate sets positive vibe as Marist football defeats Sacred Heart
- Class of 2019 abounds with diversity
- Marist Poll goes to D.C.
- ASU’s second annual "Color Run" is a success
- Habitat for Humanity: a growing service presence on campus
- A letter from the student body president
- Puppies: Adorable & Effective Stress Relievers
RECENT MARISTCIRCLE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Yes, Olivia, There Is a Santa, and He's Calling You
- Got Tech Neck? Here's Some Advice.
- Three Simple Swaps for a Healthier Lunch
- Epilepsy Awareness Day 2016 Largest Turnout Ever
- Give the Gift of Connectivity, Without the Stress
- New Cancer Treatment Continues to Progress By Filing for...
- How Many Years Does it Take to Become a Doctor of...
- Many Working Mothers Can't Afford Their Health Insurance...
- A Date with Destiny: Video Games Teach Kids Life Lessons
- The Magic Number for Millennials: $51,000
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- MAX FROST RELEASES NEW VIDEO FOR INFECTIOUS TRACK "ADDERALL"
- PEPSICO AND 21ST CENTURY FOX ANNOUNCE "THE SEARCH FOR HIDDEN FIGURES"
- The Most Popular Entry-Level Jobs and Companies for College Graduates
- National Meningitis Association Urges Students to take Pledge2Prevent
- American Cancer Society and CVS Health Foundation Award Grants to Help 20 Colleges and Universities Go Tobacco-Free in Largest Initiative of Its Kind