Marist-hosted national band convention attracts top concert bands
Many are exploring their fantasies by reading the popular novel, 50 Shades of Grey. Don't be afraid to do the same, many are probably exploring the same fantasies as you. rachelkramerbussel.com/Flickr
Marist College has the honor of hosting this year's Association of Concert Bands National Convention. This year's event will be held at the historic Bardavon Opera House in Poughkeepsie from April 25-29.
The event will feature hundreds of musicians in 11 bands performing around the theme of "Harmony on the Hudson," in order to celebrate the musical history of the Hudson Valley.
Aside from featuring performances from the Marist College Symphonic Band under the direction of Arthur Himmelberger and the Marist College Singers, the convention will feature some of the area's top concert bands. The West Point Band and West Point Concert Band will be performing at the Gala Opening Concert on Wednesday, April 25 at 7:30 p.m.
Other notable performers include: Keith Brion, who will perform as John Philip Sousa in leading the Memorial Concert Band of Colonie; Poughkeepsie native trumpeter Leonard B. Smith; the Allentown Band, the world's oldest civilian band and the world's youngest soloist on the coronet, 11-year-old Geoffrey Gallante on the coronet.
The Marist Music Department's performances will be held on Saturday, April 28 at 7:30 p.m. All of the concerts are free and open to the public. Tickets will be available at the door before each performance and can also be reserved by calling the Bardavon box office at (845) 473-2072. More information, including the full concert schedule, can be found at http://acb2012convention.com.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
Recent maristcircle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR MARISTCIRCLE NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST MARISTCIRCLE NEWS
- Despite 0-2 start, Maker, Red Foxes garner optimism
- Kleba talks about his passion for PersonaCards
- Marist cross country team writes to Chicago pen pals
- First Meal Madness will have you asking for seconds
- Life in Gulliver's Paws: a student veteran and his dog
- Journalism students: Why not write for The Circle
- Why criticism of Navy SEAL is justified
RECENT MARISTCIRCLE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Avoiding Body Drought: Tips to Prevent Dehydration
- Lighting for Aging Eyes -- Don't Get Left in the Dark
- Tax-Savings Tips From Licensed Experts
- Not Leo DiCaprio? How to Cut Your Energy Bills Anyway
- Television Best Bets: Streaming Programs Worth Watching
- Modern Farming: Technology Helps Keep Food on the Table
- An End to Acid Reflux?
- How to Select a Contractor: Certification Counts With...
- Modern Landfills: Safe, Smart and Green
- Medicine Safety Reminders for Cold and Flu Season
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- LINE Webtoon Launches Challenge League, a New Discovery Feature for Webcomic Creators and Aspiring Artists
- 6 ‘Friendsgiving’ tips that won’t leave you stuffed
- PARAMORE UNVEIL EXPANDED DIGITAL EDITION OF BLOCKBUSTER FOURTH ALBUM
- MELANIE MARTINEZ ANNOUNCES THIRD LEG OF “DOLLHOUSE TOUR”
- Sigma Lambda Gamma National Sorority, Inc. Declared Winner of Voto Latino’s RepUrLetters Challenge