Marist-hosted national band convention attracts top concert bands
Many are exploring their fantasies by reading the popular novel, 50 Shades of Grey. Don't be afraid to do the same, many are probably exploring the same fantasies as you. rachelkramerbussel.com/Flickr
Marist College has the honor of hosting this year's Association of Concert Bands National Convention. This year's event will be held at the historic Bardavon Opera House in Poughkeepsie from April 25-29.
The event will feature hundreds of musicians in 11 bands performing around the theme of "Harmony on the Hudson," in order to celebrate the musical history of the Hudson Valley.
Aside from featuring performances from the Marist College Symphonic Band under the direction of Arthur Himmelberger and the Marist College Singers, the convention will feature some of the area's top concert bands. The West Point Band and West Point Concert Band will be performing at the Gala Opening Concert on Wednesday, April 25 at 7:30 p.m.
Other notable performers include: Keith Brion, who will perform as John Philip Sousa in leading the Memorial Concert Band of Colonie; Poughkeepsie native trumpeter Leonard B. Smith; the Allentown Band, the world's oldest civilian band and the world's youngest soloist on the coronet, 11-year-old Geoffrey Gallante on the coronet.
The Marist Music Department's performances will be held on Saturday, April 28 at 7:30 p.m. All of the concerts are free and open to the public. Tickets will be available at the door before each performance and can also be reserved by calling the Bardavon box office at (845) 473-2072. More information, including the full concert schedule, can be found at http://acb2012convention.com.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
Recent maristcircle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR MARISTCIRCLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST MARISTCIRCLE NEWS
- Tailgate sets positive vibe as Marist football defeats Sacred Heart
- Class of 2019 abounds with diversity
- Marist Poll goes to D.C.
- ASU’s second annual "Color Run" is a success
- Habitat for Humanity: a growing service presence on campus
- A letter from the student body president
- Puppies: Adorable & Effective Stress Relievers
RECENT MARISTCIRCLE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Peace of Mind in Retirement
- Florida Remains Launch Pad to Space Thanks to Private Firms
- 9 out of 10 Americans More Likely to Come to London...
- Meeting the Health Care Needs of Next-Generation Consumers
- Katy Perry Helps Support Teachers and Students
- The Great Divide: Balancing Travel and Protecting...
- What Would It Take to Get You to the Dentist?
- Say Cheese! How What You Eat Affects Your Smile
- Headed to the Dentist? Beware of Backflow
- Student Backpacks Are Literally a Big Pain