Marist-hosted national band convention attracts top concert bands
Many are exploring their fantasies by reading the popular novel, 50 Shades of Grey. Don't be afraid to do the same, many are probably exploring the same fantasies as you. rachelkramerbussel.com/Flickr
Marist College has the honor of hosting this year's Association of Concert Bands National Convention. This year's event will be held at the historic Bardavon Opera House in Poughkeepsie from April 25-29.
The event will feature hundreds of musicians in 11 bands performing around the theme of "Harmony on the Hudson," in order to celebrate the musical history of the Hudson Valley.
Aside from featuring performances from the Marist College Symphonic Band under the direction of Arthur Himmelberger and the Marist College Singers, the convention will feature some of the area's top concert bands. The West Point Band and West Point Concert Band will be performing at the Gala Opening Concert on Wednesday, April 25 at 7:30 p.m.
Other notable performers include: Keith Brion, who will perform as John Philip Sousa in leading the Memorial Concert Band of Colonie; Poughkeepsie native trumpeter Leonard B. Smith; the Allentown Band, the world's oldest civilian band and the world's youngest soloist on the coronet, 11-year-old Geoffrey Gallante on the coronet.
The Marist Music Department's performances will be held on Saturday, April 28 at 7:30 p.m. All of the concerts are free and open to the public. Tickets will be available at the door before each performance and can also be reserved by calling the Bardavon box office at (845) 473-2072. More information, including the full concert schedule, can be found at http://acb2012convention.com.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
Recent maristcircle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR MARISTCIRCLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST MARISTCIRCLE NEWS
- Clancy's Cafe and Creamery serves up a wallet-friendly mouthful
- Increasing amounts of crime on campus have students and faculty on the look out
- Holocaust Remembrance Ceremony 25th Anniversary
- Women's basketball season ends too soon
- MCCTA’s ‘Godspell’ offers laughs, lessons and tears
- USP brings Nigerian student Opuba's studies to Marist
- Student campaign promotes body positivity on social media
RECENT MARISTCIRCLE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Railway Emergency Training Keeps Responders on Track
- 6 Myths About Pet Allergies
- Medical Cannabis Is Growing Like, Well, a Weed
- 6 Common Myths About Pet Allergies
- 5 Things You Don't Know About Superbugs
- BrainStormers: Backyard DIY Inventors Tackle Weather,...
- 4 Surprising Tips You Need to Know Before Buying or...
- What Does It Mean to File a Tax Extension?
- 8 consejos para que las personas de la tercera edad...
- Buyer Beware: Termite Inspections a Necessity for Spring...