Student brings Spoon U to Marist's plate
A new chapter of the up-and-coming food blog, Spoon University, may be taking root right here on the Marist campus, thanks to junior Rachel Pfister. Spoon University began at Northwestern University in Illinois and has now spread to 45 college campuses across the nation. The blog’s goal is to help young adults, specifically college students, learn about how food works in their daily lives. This could take the form of recipes, “dining hall hacks,” or food-based lifestyle pieces. There already has been some buzz around campus about the new chapter, and students have begun to fill out applications on Marist’s Spoon University page.
According to Pfister, this whole process began while she was studying abroad in London last semester and was told about Spoon University through a friend.
“Immediately, I knew that I had to have a chapter at Marist,” says Pfister. Eventually, she was able to get in contact with a Spoon representative who helped her take several steps towards creating a chapter at Marist while Pfister studied abroad.
When asked why Marist was a good place for a Spoon University chapter to start, Pfister said, “Students at Marist are always interested in new, fresh things on campus. They take to the ideas and run with them, giving them even more popularity than they had before.” She believes that, because of the vast range of articles that Spoon University’s site entails, students will want to stay engaged and involved once the site chapter starts up.
With Pfister’s efforts, Marist’s chapter is well on its way to becoming a reality. Leadership positions are currently being chosen for the site. However, there is still a need for more student involvement, specifically writers and photographers. If you or someone you know is interested in joining this exciting new club, go to http://marist.spoonuniversity.com and apply! Pfister hopes that once the entire operation is up and running, it will fit right in as part of the wide variety of clubs that Marist has to offer.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More maristcircle News Articles
Recent maristcircle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR MARISTCIRCLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST MARISTCIRCLE NEWS
- Tailgate sets positive vibe as Marist football defeats Sacred Heart
- Class of 2019 abounds with diversity
- Marist Poll goes to D.C.
- ASU’s second annual "Color Run" is a success
- Habitat for Humanity: a growing service presence on campus
- A letter from the student body president
- Puppies: Adorable & Effective Stress Relievers
RECENT MARISTCIRCLE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Non-Profit Venture Fund Seeks to Support The American Dream
- Sustained Happiness Starts from Within
- Reverse Mortgages Benefit Younger Seniors
- Sunshine State Shining New Light on the Banking Industry
- Honoring Moms : How 3 Inspiring Women are Changing the World
- Look Before You Buy: Virtual Reality Comes to Home...
- Olympic Power Couple Teams Up to Fight Blood Cancers with...
- Two Meals in One: Arborio Rice, Perfect for Risotto &...
- New Nighttime Grind Guard Relieves Jaw Pain
- Why Yoga Relieves Stress, Improves Health and Balances...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Comic Book and Sports Card Show
- A Harvard Dean's 5 Essential Questions for Success
- COLLEGE STUDENTS: DO THESE THREE THINGS THIS SUMMER TO BOOST YOUR FINANCES
- Annual PepsiCo/SWE Student Engineering Challenge Gives Undergraduates Real-World Engineering Practicum
- Dallas Regional Chamber Targets National Millennial Workforce with New Talent Attraction Campaign, Say Yes to Dallas