Foxy ladies equestrian team finishes strong
Congratulations to the Marist Equestrian on a fantastic 2014-2015 season and once again securing the position of Reserve High Point Champion team for the IHSA Zone 3 Region 3. Marist wrapped up the fall season on Nov. 22nd with an overall 29 points, keeping a close second standing just behind Centenary College. The entire team greatly appreciates the efforts of coach Gillian Knapp for filling in for Coach Clare Knapp Englehart this fall, leading the team to three Reserve High Point Champion shows and building a strong team infrastructure.
The Foxy Ladies began the spring show season on a high note, earning Reserve High Point College, just two points behind Centenary. Sarah Emslie led the team with a win in Advanced WTC, and Taylor Cechini, Erin Hurley, Cassie Yettru, Bernadette Hogan, Jessica Tozzo and Kyle Ann Bell were all second in their respective classes. The entire team turned in strong performances, especially considering our limited saddle time due to the weather. Five Marist riders qualified for Regionals this year, leading the team was senior captain Cassie Yettru in novice flat, sophomore Bernadette Hogan for intermediate fences and novice flat, sophomore Erin Hurley for novice flat, sophomore Sarah Emslie in advanced walk trot canter, and sophomore Kyle Anne Bell in walk trot.
The weekend of Saturday March 28th, the team hosted Regionals at Crosswinds Equestrian Center despite temperatures in the low teens and an unexpected snow shower. Riders from Stevens Institute of Technology, Drew University, Centenary College, Vassar College, Bard College, SUNY New Paltz, William Patterson University, USMA, and Sarah Lawrence College were present to compete and perform to the best of their ability. The horses behaved beautifully and safely, contributing to the high level of competiveness of the day. Kyle Anne Bell won her walk trot class and a week later ended up placing seventh at Zones Finals! We will greatly miss seniors Liz Calabrese, Taylor Cechini, and Cassie Yettru. A huge thanks to Coach Clare Knapp, Taylor Knapp, Joann Knapp, and all those at Crosswinds Equestrian!
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More maristcircle News Articles
Recent maristcircle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR MARISTCIRCLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST MARISTCIRCLE NEWS
- Tailgate sets positive vibe as Marist football defeats Sacred Heart
- Class of 2019 abounds with diversity
- Marist Poll goes to D.C.
- ASU’s second annual "Color Run" is a success
- Habitat for Humanity: a growing service presence on campus
- A letter from the student body president
- Puppies: Adorable & Effective Stress Relievers
RECENT MARISTCIRCLE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Non-Profit Venture Fund Seeks to Support The American Dream
- Sustained Happiness Starts from Within
- Reverse Mortgages Benefit Younger Seniors
- Sunshine State Shining New Light on the Banking Industry
- Honoring Moms : How 3 Inspiring Women are Changing the World
- Look Before You Buy: Virtual Reality Comes to Home...
- Olympic Power Couple Teams Up to Fight Blood Cancers with...
- Two Meals in One: Arborio Rice, Perfect for Risotto &...
- New Nighttime Grind Guard Relieves Jaw Pain
- Why Yoga Relieves Stress, Improves Health and Balances...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Comic Book and Sports Card Show
- A Harvard Dean's 5 Essential Questions for Success
- COLLEGE STUDENTS: DO THESE THREE THINGS THIS SUMMER TO BOOST YOUR FINANCES
- Annual PepsiCo/SWE Student Engineering Challenge Gives Undergraduates Real-World Engineering Practicum
- Dallas Regional Chamber Targets National Millennial Workforce with New Talent Attraction Campaign, Say Yes to Dallas